This year you won’t see Ben Stiller, but mark your calendars anyway!
On Friday, January 26, from 6 pm. to 1 am., a number of museums in the cities all over Croatia will participate in the 13th annual event – Noć muzeja (The Night of Museums). Visitors will be able to enjoy various programs, exhibitions and performances – and all of it for free!
This year the theme is sports. Croatia is a small country, but when it comes to the world known athletes, we are strong! To name just a few:
– Dražen Petrović, Krešimir Ćosić (both NBA Hall of Famers);
– tennis players Goran Ivanišević and Marin Ćilić;
– soccer players Luka Modrić (Real Madrid) and Mario Mandžukić (Juventus);
– Janica Kostelić (6 medals in skiing);
– Mirko Filipović (known as Mirko Cro Cop, martial artist);
– Đurđa Bjedov (International Swimming Hall of Fame);
…and the list goes on…even Gregg Popovich the coach of the San Antonio Spurs was born to a Croat mother!
The Night of Museums has also been inspired by the 2018 EHF European Men’s Handball Championship which is hosted (for the second time!) in Croatia, from January 12 to January 28 this year.
One of the goals of this wonderful event is to emphasize the importance of sport in our lives, how much it nourishes us, not just physically– but also culturally, traditionally and emotionally.
Thank you, Croatian Museum Association, and everyone else involved in this exciting event!